Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tomato Cream Shrimp Linguine, a fast gourmet dinner



7 oz whole grain linguine
2 T butter
½ cup chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
¼ cup whole wheat flour
2 cups milk
14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 lb raw, peeled, deveined shrimp

Boil pasta in salted water. Saute onion and garlic in butter. Add flour and stir. Add milk and tomatoes. Stir until thick. Do not boil. Add salt and pepper. Add shrimp and cover. Steam shrimp until they are pink throughout.

4 comments:

  1. Does this shrimp taste fishy? I love shrimp, but only if it's not fishy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally depends on the quality of shrimp that you buy. I buy mine from the frozen section at Costco. Not fishy at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm this looks so yummy! I LOVE seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm..sounds so good. I think it is time for me to test out shellfish and see if it was a fluke that Paisley broke out when I was eating it a couple months ago.

    ReplyDelete